View Cart | 0 | Checkout
Since 1999,
has been the most trusted supplier of Texas Name Change Forms
for Adults, Minors and New Brides.
Employment Lawyers - Rapaport Law Firm, Representing Employees Since 1995.
For Questions or to Place an Order Please Email Us at

Adult Name Change
Minor Name Change

About Us
Three Step Process
Name Change Law Procedures
Name Change FAQ
Contact Us
Credit Card Processing



Where should an application/petition for a name change be filed?

Answer: An application for permission to use another name must be made in the County in which the applicant currently resides. The Petition and Order Granting Your Change of Name should be filed in the Clerk’s Office of the District Court. If you use our services, your papers will be fully customized, and the captions and all other aspects of the forms will reflect the requirements of your local court.

What fees or costs are generally incurred in a name change proceeding?

Answer: To file the Petition, the District Clerk’s Office charges a filing fee, typically in the amount of $200. After your name is changed, there will be a $10 fee for the Change of Name Certificate and an additional charge for a certified copy of the Order.

What information and documentation are required in a name change proceeding?

Answer: You will generally be required to provide the following:
  1. Proof of date and place of birth (generally established by providing a certified copy of your birth certificate).
  2. Legal Forms (petition, order, etc.). If you choose to use our service, we will utilize the information that you provide to prepare all of the forms required for your name-change application. Except in certain complex cases, your forms will be sent to you within three (3) business days of your order. You will receive hard copies of your forms, as well as a disk containing your forms in Word format.
  3. You are required to submit a set of your fingerprints on a fingerprint card with your Petition. The Petition must be signed and notarized.
  4. You must attend the Uncontested Docket of the court to file the Order Granting Change of Name.
  5. Additional information and documentation is required if the petitioner has a criminal record, has been adjudicated a bankrupt or has judgments and/or civil actions against him or her.
  6. If you use our Name Change Service, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to file your papers.

What if I want to change my child's name?

Answer: A parent, or a guardian of a child may file a Petition requesting a change of name of the child in the county where the child resides. A petition to change the name of a child must be verified and must include the child’s present name and place of residence. The Petition must also set forth the reason a change of name is requested, and the full name requested for the child. If the child is 10 years of age or older, the child’s written consent to the change of name must be attached to the petition. We offer forms and detailed instructions for name change petitions involving children.

How to I Change My Child’s Last Name to the Child’s Father’s Last Name?

Answer: In this instance, you file a simple with the Texas Department of State Health Services. The child's last name can be changed to the father's last name if both parents are in agreement and they both sign the Application for a New Birth Certificate Based on Parentage in the presence of a notary public. However, if a court order already addresses a name change for the child, the child's name must be changed to what the court has ordered it to be.